iPin Pro has been given a major revamp aesthetically. Version 2.0 now has a modern flat design and better responsive support for mobile devices.
New features for iPin Pro: WordPress Pinterest Clone Theme
- Bootstrap 3.2
- Fontawesome 4.2
- User profile cover
- Popup notifications
- Bookmarklet can fetch background-image
Guide for Upgraders
There are some important changes to note in v2.0. Current users should read through the following before upgrading.
- Download the latest version at here.
- Backup your files and database.
- Upload all theme files (overwrite any existing files). If you have modified any files, you will need to re-apply the changes to the new files later.
- If using the WordPress Social Login plugin, update to latest version (v2.2.2 as of this writing). After updating, go to WP-Admin > Settings > WP Social Login > Widget tab > simply click “Save Settings”.
- Frontpage image size: is now 235px by 4096px (previously 200px by 4096px). Go to WP-Admin > Settings > Media > set “Medium size” to 235 x 4096. If you want to retain your current frontpage image size, skip this step and in style.css, replace 235px with your current frontpage image size e.g 200px.
- Single post image size: is now 700px by 4096px (previously 520px by 4096px). Go to WP-Admin > Settings > Media > set “Large size” to 700 x 4096.
- Regenerate the images with Ajax Thumbnail Rebuild plugin (select medium, large & Only rebuild featured images) (Or select large & Only rebuild featured images if you skip step 5).
- Logo height is now 50px tall (previously 40px). If you are using a logo, go to WP-Admin > Appearance > Theme Options > upload a new logo for “Header Logo Image”.
- Dropdown from top menu is now single column by default. If you need to set double columns, see this guide.
- Single posts now only have a right sidebar. If need to, rearrange your widgets for the sidebar at WP-Admin > Appearance > Widgets.
- Register page’s permalink is now /signup/ (previously /register/). Theme will auto update the permalink but double-check that the signup page is accessible.
- Add Pin page’s permalink is now /itm-settings/ (previously /pins-settings/). Again theme will auto update the permalink but double-check that the add pin page is accessible. To retain your current Add Pin page permalink, go to WP-Admin > Pages > select “Item Settings”. Change permalink to your current Add Pin page permalink e.g pins-settings. Then replace all instances of itm-settings with pins-settings in header.php, index-masonry-inc.php, page_cp_pins.php, single-pin.php, ipin.custom.js and ipinit.js.
- Add Board page’s permalink is now /grp-settings/ (previously /boards-settings/). Again theme will auto update the permalink but double-check that the add board page is accessible. To retain your current Add Board page permalink, go to WP-Admin > Pages > select “Group Settings”. Change permalink to your current Add Board page permalink e.g boards-settings. Then replace all instances of grp-settings with boards-settings in author.php, header.php, search.php, sidebar-right.php, single-pin.php and taxonomy-boards.php.
- Clear any Cache/Minify/CDN plugins you may have installed. Also clear the browser cache.